Re: Z move with Radius Comp On

Frank Hess wrote:

> Matt:
>
> Just wanted to let you know that this machine _is_ still being used
> daily. We still have occasional runaways, but we haven't replaced any
> servo-motors or encoders lately.
>
> A recent discussion on this forum centered around my question about
> cutter radius comp.  Seems the version of emc I'm running won't let you
> make a z-axis move after the comp is activated.

Hmm, very interesting.  It just turns out that I've never tried this, but the
radius comp should be decoupled from the 'length' axis, so Z moves should
have no effect or interaction, at least if the G17 mode is active.
I don't know whether the axis that is not affected by the radius comp is
changed by the plane (G17, G18, G19) selected, but I don't think so.
On a conventional vertical mill, with the head normal to the XY plane,
it doesn't matter.  If the head is tilted, or it is a 4+ axis machine, then
it gets a lot more messy.

Anyway, it sounds like it should be easy to fix, by someone expert
in the interpreter, which I guess is where the problem lies.