Re: Revised Tkbackplot

Ray Henry wrote:

> At 08:18 PM 1/29/2000 -0500, Bill wrote:
>
> >Don't have EMC hooked up to anything at this point, but tried out the
> backplot
> >program, and am unable to get it out of e-stop. Will actually it comes out of
> >e-stop but the machine never turns on. Message reads 'hit reset again to turn
> >machine on' or something close, but no matter how many times I hit that reset
> >nothing happens. Once or twice I have got it to say 'waiting for home' but
> that's
> >it. Is this because it is not hooked up and looking for home switch
> actuation?
>
> I set the home switches so the control thinks they are closed.  I set the
> overtravel so the machine thinks they are open.  Not having them connected
> should not make a difference.  I've read about folk on the list who never
> hook some of these things up.

Tried to set the Home polarity in the ini file to both 0 and 1 no
difference.
will try again with your settings, will let you know

> You don't have a printer hooked up do you?

No

> But I take it that emc comes up otherwise.

Yes

> When you get it to run with xemc, are the axis position numbers yellow or
> red?

Yellow, I changed the limit switch polarity in ini file to 0

> >Works fine with Xemc, Yemc, and TkEmc. Tried to change from Bridgeport to
> minimill
> >with no luck (thats what I had to do with Xemc to get it to come out of
> estop).
>
> Are you able to home out with xemc?  Do the big numbers turn green?

No, well have not tried yet, did not have switches so I haven't tried.
Will try
tommorrow. I actually have controllers and motors hooked
up but not connected to my machine, waiting on pulleys and belts.

> >Using RH5.2, dec version of EMC, P-166 with 32meg. Also the mouse is a
> little jerky,
> >what setting to increase to fix that? From what I see I like though.
> Thanks for the
> >great work
>
> I used 64 meg in the ini file.  Maybe you changed that already if so ignore
> the next little bit.

Yea Took me about 5 complete linux crashes and reboots before I
remembered to do that.
(Who says Linux is crash proof, I can crash anything when I dont think)

> Backplot was set up to use the steppermod.o and minimill files.  I can't
> believe that your chip speed would cause much of a problem.  I made the
> display and the motion programs repeat often in order to get the resolution
> of the plot up.  You could try doubling the value of these.

snip

Will try your settings tommorrow thanks, I was trying alot of settings
when I had
the shared mem setting wrong. I probably screwed one of them up

> Get back to me cause I love a good fight. (read challenge)

Will do