Re: Backplotter & tkemc

Ray Henry wrote:

> Jon
>
> I fixed the new file named tkemc.zip on linuxcnc.org so that the last mdi
> string stays on the screen.  It also has the rest of the stuff fixed.  That
> along with the genedit.tcl will add quite a few new features and fix the
> program text viewer so that it comes up with the edited program.

Thanks, much.  I think I'll try the backplotter first, as that is a whole
new capability.

> I've been wondering if that is how it was highlighting a few lines off from
> the line you saw executing.  Was that a file you had been editing on while
> running.  If so the line numbers won't match up cause the variable that
> holds line number increments from the start of the file.  If new lines were
> added above where it was executing it would appear to shift the highlight.

I think I forced it to reload the new program by loading a different program
first, then going back to the original program name.  So, I don't think that
was it.

> I'm also working on the ~ as a separator for multiple mdi commands on a
> single line.  Can I email you a tkemc when I get that feature to work.
> I'll make you the beta test site if that's okay.

Yes, absolutely.  I'd love to test it out for you!

I finally got around to editing in the change to emcsh.cc having to do
with the actual position display, and it does now show a change if I
manually deflect an axis, while in closed-loop mode.  It took me a
while to get it to recompile the change.

Thanks,