Re: multiple block MDI entry

At 04:46 PM 1/24/2000 -0500, Paul wrote:

>It would probably be best to keep clear of logical operators - might cause
>problems if EMC ever gets parametric or conditional programming routines
added
>in the future.
>I would go for $ as a save bet.

You're right about the conditional operators, and I just suggested &.  Tcl
uses $to tell its interpreter to get the value of the variable named right
after it.  Maybe I should just use NEXT and search for the word.  The worst
it would do is trip the interpreter if it got past the multiple routine in
TclTk.  You'd get an error that said something about multiple "N" words on
a line.

Jon E.s line would look like Y-.04 NEXT X10.5 F10 NEXT Y0 F45 NEXT X0

>BTW Is there an [EMC_????] function to return the spindle speed to tkemc ?
>Does EMC even keep track of the spindle speed.....

Not that I know of -- for both questions.  There is some output of spindle
signal to the second parport.  This is one of the things we'll need before
long.  Would you want a quad encoder input or just a tick every revolution?

If we had a little rtl process that would count an input line on the
parport and divide by the jiffy we'd have a variable to display.  It
wouldn't be fine enough for thread cutting on a lathe but it might work for
rpm and spindle orientation for tool change.  I thing a parport ought to
run fast enough.