Re: Is this an unreported bug in EMC?

Clint Bach wrote:

> Jon Elson wrote:
>
> > Oh, now that's strange.  I thought I'd observed that this annoyance
> > was fixed in TkEmc.  I did increast the execution/update rate of
> > TkEmc to 10 Hz, I think the nominal is 5 Hz.  I don't know if that
> > makes a difference.
>

> Oh, I forgot to mention...  I'm using 2.0.36 rtlinux and the dec. 20
> version of emc.  fvwm2 window manager.  Is this already ancient history?

I have just recently moved up to this version, and did the first real work
with the TkEmc UI last weekend.  I found some bugs which were rather
disturbing, so I may go back to the xemc UI for a while.  So, we are using the
same version.  I am running servo motors on mine, but that shouldn't make any
difference at the UI level.

> I did cut some parts with the machine!!  In general I'm very pleased!!!

I've been using it for about 18 months, now, and I can't begin to imagine
some of the jobs I did without EMC!