Re: Two Questions

> From: Clint Bach <clintbach-at-earthlink.net>
> Would it be easier to just add another parallel
> port?

Probably. What Jon describes is reasonable, but I've never tried what he
proposes. It could be that bridgeportio thinks it has control of both the
data port and the control port, in which case it won't work. Give it a try
and let us know what happens (and order another parallel port board while
you're at it!). When you add a card leave off the interrupt jumpers and, if
applicable, set them up in "compatible" mode rather than ECP or EPP mode.
Cheap parallel ports I've used with success:

Basic No-Frills Port (I've used this card OK):
http://www.computergate.com/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=348418964422623&cd=ONPP

ECP/EPP capable (I've used these too)
http://www.computergate.com/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=348418964422623&cd=ONEPP2

Matt