Re: with a little help ...

Luc

The Dec-1999 releases are both for a 2_0_36 kernel.  I've loaded them both
successfully with my RedHat 5.2.  I'd try the release in the 2_2_10
directory.  I know that there is some problem with the timeofday in 2.2.10
but I think that they included some kind of work around.  My understanding
is that it's just used for the logging functions.

The sim is a good start but it doesn't use any of the rt or real motion
systems.

There are several parts of the .ini that will need to be configured for
your machine.  Steppermod.o is good for stepper motors.  Minimill would be
good choice for task.  The tkemc is a good gui.  Beyond those you will have
to set up the motion, axis, and io portions for the characteristics of your
own machine.  Things like steps per inch/mm, limits, speed, acceleration
have to be set in the axis portion along with the polarity for motion and
switches.

The software.html file in the doc directory will help quite a bit with the
.ini file but it takes careful reading.  Where in Belgium are you located?
What's your native tongue?

Ray