Re: Backfire

Happy new year all!

Arne,  here is where we're at on the web site- Steve has set up an "under
construction" type page at www.linuxcnc.org.
On the sorting of files- I thought that the site would be set up just like
the "dropbox" at metalworking.com, with a contributor being able to upload
a file into a general folder- then I would sort them into different folders
like "What is EMC?",  "Instructions on how to set EMC up", "TCL code to
modify what's already there..."  "Drawings and Pictures"  , "Links to Nist,
Jon's site, Tim's site, etc.... "   Nothing really spectacular, but just a
place where we can place our contributions.

Ray sent me the modified EMC editor with renumbering and "find and
replace".  It works very well.  As soon as Steve gets me going on
administering the site, I'll put it up.   TCL might be a bit limited, but
I'm having a bit of fun with it myself.  It is easy to get into.  I have
even been able to write a few really small programs for myself.   In
reading about it, it appears that it can be compiled to get an increase in
speed too.
Arne, there is a postscript version of Brent Welch's book "Practical
Programming in Tcl and Tk" on the web that can be downloaded.  If I can
remember where I got it, I'll let you know.  Anyway, I couldn't find what I
wanted at the local bookstores, but downloaded this and it's what I was
looking for- something to get started with.

Thanks,
Dan